Sunday, January 12, 2014

" Say Something … "

... And I am feeling so small
It was over my head
I know nothing at all

And I will stumble and fall
I'm still learning to love
Just starting to crawl

And I will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love
And I'm saying goodbye

Say something, I'm giving up on you
And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
And anywhere, I would have followed you
Oh-oh-oh-oh say something, I'm giving up on you

Say something, I'm giving up on you
Say something ..

~ A Great Big World ~ Say Something ~

***


I have been composing this blog in my head for a really long time now.  There are many, many things that I have considered writing here.  As the Universe always provides, I am participating in a closing ceremony as part of my meditation class today.  An opportunity to conclude and release what no longer serves us … and now it feels right to express them ...


Reflecting back on friendships, bonds and relationships that were broken and those that faded away ... my feelings are mixed as I recall the “story” of each break up.  Especially with those that are no longer in my life, as it is unfortunate that you felt the need to cut all communication off with me without fully explaining why.  I realize that you have your own reasons for that, and while there was a time when I desperately wanted to hash all of it out with you, I am no longer in that place.


Misunderstandings, miscommunication,
unrealistic expectations and human imperfections ...


Life goes on ... your unwillingness to discuss with me further solidified in my mind the things that have been in my heart for some time.  I once believed in you, and in our friendship, so strongly that I considered you family and someone who would never betray me ... you proved me wrong.

Life goes on ... I realize that I never really knew you becuase it was always an image or facade you were living up to ... you were full of lies & deciet.

Life goes on ... despite what you may believe, you know very little about who I am and where I am taking my life.

Life goes on ... I thought this friendship would last a lifetime based on what we had, but what we had was nothing more than an ends to a means for you.

Life goes on ... you expressed gratitude for having support during your dark times, yet during mine you abandoned ship.

Life goes on ... I use to hold our for reconciliation, but that has passed.  As I have learned about myself and what I want and DON’t want in my life.  And the beauty is, this decision only comes from a place of self-love, as I have realized that I am a better and stronger person without you in my life and going in a different direction.





I guess the only thing that I have left to say is THANKS.  Thanks for the years of love, laughter and friendship that you DID give to me.  I will never forget.  And I am especially grateful for your “break-up” behaviour because I realized I deserved better, much better than what I was receiving.  

Oddly, broken hearts by the ones we love can inspire us to make life-changing decisions ... awakening to what the rest of the world has to offer, far greater than ever imagined.  And so, I wish you well. I hope that life brings to you all that you desire, and may you end each day as happy with where life has taken you as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment