Monday, December 30, 2013

" Wide To Receive … "

Download something 
Useful, or useless 
Because I'm lying here 
Wide to receive 
Almost anything 
You'd care to give ...

Turn on, plug in 
Then just walk away 
Unlock, process 
And then just go 
And I've never felt quite so alone 
As I do right now 

I'm lying here 
Wide to receive 
Almost anything 
You'd care to leave 
Wide, wide, wide 

~ Morrissey ~ Wide To Receive ~ 
***



Quite a few years back, I made a resolution to NOT make a resolution.  Mainly because I had such a hard time keeping them.  I would but my best foot forward, all my efforts, only to get discourage quickly and quit.  Sounds familiar?

And I often wonder why ... why resolutions are hard to keep.  Maybe because we carry around a lot of stress and burdens of life.  Maybe because our goals are unrealistic ... So then maybe it is about becoming more grounded and authentic ... where resolutions are not necessary because you are LIVING your truth. 


 Trust a man’s behaviour, not his words 


In 2013, I had to shed a lot of skin to become the person I am today.  Peeling back the layers  physically, spiritually and emotionally ... letting go of the person I thought I should be in order to be the person I really wanted to be ... and ready to receive.


 Worrying is like praying for what you don’t want 


In 2014, I am ready to ... become more empowered and strong, continue to pursue what I truly want to do, go past the fear of the unknown, accept me just as I am, follow my heart, believe I am exactly where I need to be, and let go of what no longer serves me.


I am tired of spending so much of my life thinking everyone else is happier, more successful or better off than I.  Within my core, I know that my journey is unfolding perfectly for me.  The new year doesn’t deserve to be cheated on with my past.  



It is time to move on and tell a new story.  
Get ready to receive  





No comments:

Post a Comment