Tuesday, June 5, 2012

" These Are The Moments ... "


And these are the moments,
I know heaven must exist.
And these are the moments,
I know all I need is this,
I have all I've waited for,
And I could not ask for more ...
And these are the moments,
I thank God that I'm alive.
And these are the moments,
I'll remember all my life.
I've got all I've Waited for,
And I could not ask for more.

~ Sarah Evans ~ These Are The Moments ~
***

Some moments are “memorable”, others as “unforgettable” ...   times in our lives that define us as a person and add to our life experience ... life lessons resulting in a sense of maturity and new found wisdom.  Most of us agree these are our defining moments ~ a point in life when decision meets action.
Some examples of powerful defining moments are:
  • facing consequential decisions regarding a relationship
  • confronting the need for change in a career
  • tackling a life threatening illness

Regardless, what the moment represent is more important than the actual circumstances.  And these moments don’t have to be so monumental as the above.  Every day we have defining moments that are created by action. Small or big these moments determine who we are to a large extent.  
Yet the vast majority of people go through life without the awareness of the power of the defining moment.  You see we face these moments more often than we realize, and it is because we face them so frequently and so rapidly that we fail to recognize them for what they are.
Character revealing ... How you handle a difficult circumstance has a lasting impact on others and likely you.  Often the hardest conversation we can have during difficult periods is the one we have with ourselves ... this defines us.
Challenge your status quo ... We would play out the same script if all our decisions and actions were merely a replay of what we already know.  Taking a step back, breathing and gaining a fresh perspective for what is at stake and what it calls for us to do and be ... this defines us.  
But the true power of the defining moment is in repetition.  When repetition becomes consistent, we create patterns that become habits.  Habits become personality traits and these define who we are.  Stretching ourselves displays our willingness to push the boundaries of our comfort zone, because in our most difficult times comes the greatest learning and growth.  Have a profound respect for the unknown is where learning begins, as personality is the public face, but character comes from within.


No comments:

Post a Comment