Thursday, May 5, 2011

"Ice Ice Baby ... pH Baby..."

"Something grabs a hold of me tightly 
Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly
Will it ever stop yo I don't know
Turn off the lights and I'll glow ...

Ice ice baby vanilla
Ice ice baby (oh-oh) vanilla
Ice ice baby vanilla
Ice ice baby vanilla ice" 

~ Vanilla Ice ~ Ice Ice Baby ~
***


Oh happy day!  Today's a good day ... actually a great day!  The doctors at the Gerson clinic are very happy with my test results.  You see, I had my 4 week follow-up blood and urine tests done and things are looking up ... yes, they are.  Finally.  It has been quite an adventure.  The last 5 months have been the most difficult times of my life, Russell's life, my parents lives, my sister and brother-in-law's lives, my extended family's lives and my close friend's lives.  Wow, when I write this I realize how many people have been affected by my illness.  I thank God every day to bless them ...my pillars and my strength.  


So back to the test results and one of the little numbers that show how I am responding to the therapy.  Urine pH.  This pH determines whether your body is acid or alkaline. The body needs to have a pH reading of between 7.35-7.45 in order to be alkaline.  Bingo, in the range!!!  You see, anything below 7 means your body is acidic. And an acidic body does not absorb vitamins, minerals and other nutrients and reduces our ability to repair cells. Acidity also prevents the blood from carrying oxygen.  The good news is that cancer cannot survive an alkaline or non acidic environment. One of the main benefits of Gerson Therapy is its rapid elevation of the pH, or alkalinity, within the body.  This not only makes the body a difficult environment for cancer to live in, it also reactivates important (protein-digesting) pancreatic enzymes that help keep cancer in check.   As pH goes up, red blood cells carry more oxygen, the immune system becomes more active and the body transforms into an environment that is actually hostile to disease. 
In this state, your body will heal itself.  Oh, what a beautiful thing!


So today, we celebrate, and yes, the cancer is still there, but the fight is on.  These are baby steps towards  my wellness journey.  It is important to celebrate these steps because as they say, "Rome wasn't built in a day"  And what a great day to celebrate ... 
Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone and Happy pH ME!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your great test results! It's always a good feeling :)

    ReplyDelete