Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"It's my life ..."

It's my life
It's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just wanna live while I'm alive
~ Bon Jovi - It's my Life ~
***


After a good nights sleep, it was a little tough getting out of bed for my morning "coffee break".  But, I reminded myself of why I do this and then realized it was more about sleeping in than getting up ... wondering to myself, what does the day hold?


After breakfast and making the morning juices, I needed to get out of the house.  I had about 40 minutes to spare (odd right now) so decided to go for a nice light walk outside.   As I walked I noticed all the people in the neighbourhood rushing to get to work.  It reminded me that is what I use to do.  Well, actually I never use to spring out of bed, I never was excited about my day.  But what I did enjoy was the ritual of the whole thing.  If I was lucky, I got a ride to work else I would take the local transit and watch all the people load up on the train.  Many looked sad, angry, and discontent.  Yet I felt a sense of comfort knowing that I wasn't alone.  Odd how misery loves company.


Don't get me wrong, its not like my life was horrible, its just I had very little passion in my life.  I worked hard, I did a good job and I was rewarded.  But did it make my heart sing?  unfortunately no.  And now, when I walk in the morning in my loungewear, I miss the familiarity.  I guess I knew what to expect.  But what I didn't realize is that what I expected was a reflection of what I was thinking.  I made my reality, and I took for granted a situation which was very rewarding in a lot of aspects.  I met some great people and made some nice friends, I learned a great deal, I developed my skills, and I was well respected.  So what makes my heart sing, what is my true passion ... health and wellness.  And the very principles I was preaching to others, I forgot to preach to myself.  Now is my chance to do just that.  Practice what I preach.  


Overall, today was a special day ... this afternoon gave me solace as my close friend and little sister Shefali and her daughter Meera who is 3 years old and Rohan who is 4 months old paid a visit.  Such precious souls, reminded me of the importance of the present.  Just a beautiful time, as I soaked in each and every moment.  True wellness and yes definitely made my heart sing ~ "It's my life and I just want to live while I'm alive"
 :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment