Monday, April 18, 2011

"Imagine..."

"Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world" 

~ John Lennon ~ Imagine ~
***


I have the great fortune to have loving family and friends in my life.  I need both hands to name those I can count on, who love me unconditionally, and who believe in me even if at times when I stop believing in myself ... I have all the riches of the world.  


At this time in my life, my faith has grown strong, very strong.  Everyday, I pray and meditate and wish for health, love and happiness.  With the Gerson therapy, I am flooding my body with nutrients on an hourly basis.  As well, I continue to detoxify my body.  I follow the therapy exactly as I am told and have surrendered to the process.  As well, I have so much love surrounding me right now.  And I am happy.  This may sound odd but .... I have stopped wishing for my old life back.  I have realized that this is my life now and really what parts of my old life did I want back?  I was fatigued, I was stressed and I was probably not a barrel of laughs to be around!!  Thankfully, my family and friends are still here, sticking around because their concern, their love and their support comes from a pure place.  They warned us on this therapy that different emotions could come out ... and yep, I have had some strong emotions, mainly sadness and tears, but hey that is detoxifying too ... so bring on the tears!


Now I view this as an opportunity to become a better person, a healthier person and truly setting an example.  Last year when I completed my Personal Training certification, I was happy but not truly satisfied.  I wondered if I was a real example.  I didn't think others would view me as such ... but the reality was that I didn't view myself in such a way.  I didn't feel that I was living my truth.  I felt disconnected.  Although I put my all into helping anyone that I could, I needed to truly feel what I was expressing to others.  
Learning: I need to practice what I preach.  


Things happen to us for a reason.  Although it is a difficult time, full of challenges and changes, this is an opportunity to learn, to grow and to share.  What I have learned thus far (and I know there is a a LOT more to come) is that it is okay to ask for help, it is okay to look for support and it is more than okay to receive ... 


I can imagine no material possessions and I do NOT measure worth by what I own.  
I measure my life by the "brotherhood" around me.  Living life in peace ...living for today. 




1 comment: